Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Procrastinating....

I am sure many of you struggle with this. Procrastinating is terrible, because if you are like me, you will even procrastinate on trying to stop procrastinating. Ugh. So I have decided to really try hard this time. With college starting soon, it will not be a good idea to keep up the habit if I want to succeed. So I will do the following:

I will tell myself that I am not a procrastinator. Because if you convince yourself of something, it has the greater potential of happening, I have tried it. If I think about how I am going to be very diligent with my homework, thinking through specific things I am going to do and when I will do them, when I get home from work, then I have a higher likelihood of actually doing it.

I will find someone to hold me accountable outside of family (which will be hard anyway at college). I was trying to overcome another struggle of mine and having a friend hold me accountable actually proved to be the most successful strategy I used.

I will create a schedule. I find that for myself writing down what I need to do and when I will do it helps me to actually complete it. The feeling of crossing a task off your list is pretty great.

I'll keep you posted.

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment