Thursday, August 14, 2014

Famous Faces

I love drawing faces for some reason. They are all unique and have distinct contrast and interesting shadows. I thought I would find some pictures of famous people to copy, the more I practice the better I get at drawing conceptual faces, or so I have found.


None of the above are actually finished and I don't know if they will be finished, but I have lots more to start!

Some tips on getting realistic drawings of faces would be to draw what you see not what you think it should look like. For example, we have an idea of what an eye looks like, but all eyes are different. Another thing that I would suggest is getting a pretty detailed light sketch of the face and making sure it is right before you start shading. I sometimes struggle with this because shading is my favorite part:)

I use different pencils with different levels of hardness so that I can achieve the dark colors with soft led, and use harder led for the light sketches. Also make sure you have a good eraser to fix any errors.

Oh and another tip, make sure that you do not have sunscreen on your hand when you are drawing or one of your faces will have some beautiful yellow smudges...personal experience.

Have fun drawing!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment