Thursday, February 27, 2014

First Contract Done!

Wow. OK. That was interesting.

I finished my first Honors Art contract guys. We critiqued yesterday, today, and will hopefully finish tomorrow. Then on to the next contract!!

I apologize I do not have pictures yet of the final product because it is hanging in the gallery at my school. When I get a chance I will snap a photo to share. I cannot say I am completely content with the result of my efforts. I am probably just being really critical... people gave me compliments. I think critique really helped me to see my work differently and notice things I did well instead of focusing on my mistakes...

OK random interjection: As an artist DO NOT focus on your mistakes! They are about 10% or less of your work and to others they look like they were meant to be there! I do this all the time and it shuts down my creativity and makes me feel really depressed. Focus on what you did well...because, guess what, you did a lot well!

...OK back to blog post. Yeah now I like my paintings better.

I struggled a lot through this contract and because of this I will be changing my subject to architecture with a focus on castles and fairytales.

Have a happy week and I will post pics soon!

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment